So we all heard the big news. Our friends at Apple have had a busy day announcing all the goodies at WWDC14′
This blog post will focus only on Apple’s new Swift OS for Enterprise Apps. If you are looking for a Swift App Developer read up or contact me at InnoviMobile
Mobile App Expert recap:
- At WWDC today (June 2nd, 2014) Apple introduced a new enterprise mobile app language called Swift
- Encompasses LLVM compiler and Objective-C (the place nice together, has Cocoa touch features)
- Swift App Developers can get all the info starting today from Apple. (details below)
Technical points on Apple’s Swift Enterprise Mobile Operating System:
- Closures (similar to blocks in C and Objective-C) unified with function pointers
- Tuples and multiple return values
- Fast and concise iteration over a range or collection
- Structs that support methods, extensions, protocols.
- Functional programming patterns, e.g.: map and filter
Short Version: It will be fast for mobile app developers to code and compile. Apple is claiming 3.9x faster then old school Python.
Wanna get started? Either call me for a quote (646)588-0011 x102…or role up your sleeves as Apple is making all documentation available today or grab and iBook on iTunes
If Swift makes Objective – C easier we as a community are all for it. This could just be making iOS development more accessible for the masses, but only time will tell.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/pub/image-0cDFQCHV7yLjC6_VuStdhnJvcYCXgoWJpcIWgpV5cw8pgDHx0cDWW0gVczv0Wov_jx4M/daniel-dimassa.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Daniel DiMassa is a mobile app expert with InnoviMobile and who’s twitter handle @TheDiMassa was named one of the top Influencers In Enterprise Mobility [/author_info] [/author]