Are you thinking of becoming a SAP Mobile Secure Developer?
Well here is the latest news.
Mobile Enterprise App Adoption Summary:
- SAP has a “solution portfolio”, so multiple tools to secure enterprise mobile devices
- Windows, Android and iOS. Where is BlackBerry you ask? Ohh no you didnt we all know.
- We all read about the partnership with Mocana, so this explains the portfolio: SAP Mobile Secure
- One stop shop for CIOs dealing with mobile security. Compared to having SAP and a sperate mobilty solution. (ex Good, Bitzer)
“Gartner has seen indications that cloud-based offerings are finally evolving to address the emerging needs of mobile users to access data and systems more complex than simple messaging,” said Phil Redman, Vice President Distinguished Analyst for Gartner. “The cloud model provides natural synergies with the solutions needed for mobile device management (MDM). Scalable and elastic delivery of IT capabilities is the foundation of the cloud computing value proposition.”
MDM And Security With Built-In Analytics: New Solution Expands Mobile Secure Capabilities
SAP Afaria, cloud edition, addresses the demand for a convenient, reliable and low-cost solution that empowers IT departments of any size to manage and secure both corporate-liable and personally-owned devices, providing a way to manage security risk with or without any prior SAP infrastructure. Bundled with this offering, analytic dashboards from the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio provide customers with instant insight into device compliance and usage. SAP Afaria, cloud edition, delivers a highly scalable cloud-based mobile device management solution and is now available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8.
Security For Device, Content And Apps
With the constant introduction of new devices in the market, the variety of mobile operating systems and the influx of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs for employees, enterprise-level security is top-of-mind for many companies. The SAP Mobile Secure portfolio addresses these security challenges by enabling security of the device, apps and content for today’s most popular mobile devices, including iOS, Windows and Android devices.
“Cyber security is increasingly a board room priority, and as such, iron-clad mobile security is job one for all CIOs and CISOs to execute their mobile strategy,” said Sanjay Poonen, President of Technology Solutions and the Mobile Division, SAP. “With SAP Mobile Secure, we want to make it easy for CIOs to bring comprehensive mobile security to all layers of their mobile infrastructure at the lowest TCO possible. The SAP Mobile Secure solution portfolio is integrated with the SAP Mobile Platform, allowing developers to build in security at the right time. SAP Mobile Secure is designed to scale to millions of devices and even support large-scale ‘Internet of Things’ use cases. SAP has a strong heritage in security and we are excited to bring our assets and expertise to the mobile market.”
SAP solutions in the SAP Mobile Secure portfolio include:
- Device security and app management: SAP Afaria is the trusted and highly scalable solution to manage and secure deployments of mobile devices and apps for any size of company — in the cloud or on-premise. The latest release of SAP Afaria now includes support for Windows Phone 8.
- App security and management: SAP today also announced a partnership with leading mobile security vendor Mocana. The SAP Mobile App Protection solution by Mocana helps organisations accelerate mobile app security. App-wrapping technology enables enterprises to quickly secure existing corporate and third-party applications without having to write any code. In addition, SAP Store offers a white-label mobile app distribution storefront, including secure distribution of internally developed and purchased third-party apps.
- Content security: SAP launched the SAP Mobile Documents solution earlier this year, designed for enterprise deployments where collaboration, security and control of business content are critical. Users can access, view and collaborate on personal and corporate content, in an easy-to-use, native mobile app.
SAP also announced a unified cloud portfolio to offer more flexibility and choice across the broad spectrum of cloud-based solutions, which will combine the proven breadth of enterprise solutions from SAP with the simplicity of cloud powered by the SAP HANA platform for real-time business.